Sunday, January 20, 2019

Heartbreak Hotel

The sermon from January 20, 2019. The text is Exodus 15:13 and the hymn "Guide Me, O Thou Great Redeemer":

“You have led in your steadfast love the people whom you have redeemed;
    you have guided them by your strength to your holy abode.

1 Guide me, O thou great Redeemer,
pilgrim through this barren land;
I am weak, but thou art mighty;
hold me with thy powerful hand:
Bread of heaven,
feed me now and evermore.

2 Open now the crystal fountain
whence the healing stream doth flow;
let the fiery cloudy pillar
lead me all my journey through:
strong deliverer,
be thou still my strength and shield.

3 When I tread the verge of Jordan,
bid my anxious fears subside;
death of death, and hell's destruction,
land me safe on Canaan's side:
songs and praises
I will ever give to thee.


No comments:

Post a Comment