Sunday, November 8, 2020

Why Are You Here?

 The sermon from November 8, 2020. The text is Amos 5:18-24:


Woe to you who desire the day of the Lord!

    Why would you have the day of the Lord?

It is darkness, and not light,

19     as if a man fled from a lion,

    and a bear met him,

or went into the house and leaned his hand against the wall,

    and a serpent bit him.

20 Is not the day of the Lord darkness, and not light,

    and gloom with no brightness in it?


21 “I hate, I despise your feasts,

    and I take no delight in your solemn assemblies.

22 Even though you offer me your burnt offerings and grain offerings,

    I will not accept them;

and the peace offerings of your fattened animals,

    I will not look upon them.

23 Take away from me the noise of your songs;

    to the melody of your harps I will not listen.

24 But let justice roll down like waters,

    and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.


No comments:

Post a Comment