Sunday, September 5, 2021

The Dying Plans of Man

 The sermon from September 5, 2021. The text is Psalm 146:

Praise the Lord!

Praise the Lord, O my soul!

2 I will praise the Lord as long as I live;

    I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.


3 Put not your trust in princes,

    in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation.

4 When his breath departs, he returns to the earth;

    on that very day his plans perish.


5 Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,

    whose hope is in the Lord his God,

6 who made heaven and earth,

    the sea, and all that is in them,

who keeps faith forever;

7     who executes justice for the oppressed,

    who gives food to the hungry.


The Lord sets the prisoners free;

8     the Lord opens the eyes of the blind.

The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down;

    the Lord loves the righteous.

9 The Lord watches over the sojourners;

    he upholds the widow and the fatherless,

    but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.


10 The Lord will reign forever,

    your God, O Zion, to all generations.

Praise the Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment