Sunday, December 19, 2021

Yahweh's Promise to Jerusalem

 The sermon from December 12, 2021. The text is Zephaniah 3:14-20:

Sing aloud, O daughter of Zion;

    shout, O Israel!

Rejoice and exult with all your heart,

    O daughter of Jerusalem!

15 The Lord has taken away the judgments against you;

    he has cleared away your enemies.

The King of Israel, the Lord, is in your midst;

    you shall never again fear evil.

16 On that day it shall be said to Jerusalem:

“Fear not, O Zion;

    let not your hands grow weak.

17 The Lord your God is in your midst,

    a mighty one who will save;

he will rejoice over you with gladness;

    he will quiet you by his love;

he will exult over you with loud singing.

18 I will gather those of you who mourn for the festival,

    so that you will no longer suffer reproach.

19 Behold, at that time I will deal

    with all your oppressors.

And I will save the lame

    and gather the outcast,

and I will change their shame into praise

    and renown in all the earth.

20 At that time I will bring you in,

    at the time when I gather you together;

for I will make you renowned and praised

    among all the peoples of the earth,

when I restore your fortunes

    before your eyes,” says the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment